Sunday, January 25, 2009

Last Testimony of Benjamin Franklin Johnson

Last Testimony of Benjamin Franklin Johnson


Mesa Arizona
October 8,1960


To Whom It May Concern:

This is to certify that I, Samuel Joseph Johnson, was at the bedside of my Grandfather, Benjamin F. Johnson, when he died and heard him give his last testimony. When he called his children around his bedside, with a twinkle in his eyes, he mentioned the Prophet's name.

He said, "Children, listen to my last testimony. Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God, faithful and true to the end of his days. I know, I traveled with him, slept with him, lived with him. I was his bodyguard, Private Secretary & business manager for years. I have always loved and revered him and all his successors, as I know them all to be Prophets, Seers and Revelators. I was one of the first persons he mentioned plural marriages to and he asked for my sister, Almera. The manifesto has been given by a Prophet, Seer and Revelator. It is just as binding on us as the first, for all the Keys of the Priesthood are held by the President of this Church. May God bless you and help you to follow the leaders of the Church".



Signed
Samuel Joseph Johnson

No comments: